Parkhouse Street developments run alongside Burgess Park
The 10 storey buildings will be 30m high and the wall of towers will:
- Cast shadows over 100m in the winter over-shadowing park users and wildlife
- Decrease park users wellbeing due to overlooking and encroachment of a green tranquil space.
- Reducing the heritage and cultural benefit of beautiful views of St George’s church tower enjoyed from the Old Kent Road, Trafalgar Avenue and Walworth Road.
Parkhouse Street planned developments
- 21-23 Parkhouse: Southwark council’s proposal for 34 apartments + commercial space in 2 blocks of 9 and 5 storeys. Public consultation ended June 2019; not yet considered by planning committee. 19-AP-0469
- 35-39 Parkhouse: Dolphin Living proposal for 100+ apartments + commercial space in blocks of 7-10 storeys. Public consultation ended 10 Jan 2020. 19-AP-2011
- 25-33 Parkhouse: Joseph Homes initial proposal for c130 apartments + commercial space in blocks of up to 11 storeys. Planning application expected to be submitted in March 2020
- Burgess Business Park (‘Camberwell Union’): Peachtree’s proposal for 499 new homes + commercial space in 13 blocks of up to 12 storeys, and 5 storeys beside park. Awaiting decision from Secretary of State after planning inquiry.
Call for Southwark Council to reject tall towers development beside Burgess Park west.
Build to a maximum of six storeys and increase the set back to 10 meters, double the current 5 meters .
More about the impact Don’t put Burgess in the shade.
More about FOBP responses to planning applications.