About the Friends of Burgess Park
- Planned improvements to Burgess Park: sports facilities and other buildings
- Planning applications around the park
- Repair and future use of the old library bath and washhouse (OLBAW) Wells Way
- Wildlife and nature conservation
The Friends of Burgess Park are an association of people and other interested groups who are concerned to protect, promote and enhance an important, inner-city London park.
Keep in touch by newsletter, Twitter or Facebook. Sign-up below.
Subscribe to our newsletter mailing list
Email Address * (required)
We want the park protected from inappropriate development, inappropriate use and with high regard for protecting the environment and ecology.
We monitor the park boundaries and lobby against development which would reduce the area of the park.
As regular users of the park we observe park management and maintenance, and campaign for best practice.
We aim to encourage appropriate use of and events in the park, to facilitate other park user organisations and to encourage new visitors.
We identify areas of improvement for the park and work to improve this enormous asset for all the community.
- Susan Crisp – Co-ordinater/comms
- Nicky Howard – Walworth Group, Burgess Park Board, Safeguarding
- Monica Heeran –Treasurer and Creative Design
- Sam Tilling – Passmore Edwards OLBAW Project/comms
- Andrew Pearson – Heritage
- Sue Amos – Landscapes
- Chaz Charrington – Angling and the lake
- Jenny Morgan – Wildlife
- Catriona Sinclair – Web/Old Kent Road planning
- Paul Thomas – Camberwell Fields
- Jonathan Taylor – Rust Square
- Paula Lorgelly – Wells Way Triangle TRA
FoBP constitution updated and agreed AGM November 2019.
Link for accounts 2019-20