About the Friends of Burgess Park
- Wildlife and nature conservation – the current focus is on woodlands
- Planning/licencing applications in and around the park – including large events/filming
- Buildings in the park – especially repair and future use of the old library bath and washhouse (OLBAW) Wells Way and the council’s review of BBQs
The Friends of Burgess Park are an association of people and other interested groups who are concerned to protect, promote and enhance an important, inner-city London park.
Keep in touch by newsletter, Twitter or Facebook. Links below and/or newsletter sign-up.
Subscribe to our newsletter mailing list Previous newsletters
Email Address * (required)
FOBP was awarded the Southwark Mayor’s Discretionary Award 2022 and Highly Commended for the London tree and woodland awards in 2022 and 2023.
Committee members from November 2023:
- Susan Crisp – Co-ordinater/comms
- Monica Heeran –Treasurer and Creative Design
- Sam Tilling – Passmore Edwards OLBAW Project
- Andrew Pearson – Heritage
- Sue Amos – Landscapes
- Jenny Morgan – Wildlife
- Catriona Sinclair – Web/Old Kent Road planning
- Jonathan Taylor – Rust Square
- Claire Sharpe – Wells Way Triangle TRA