About the Friends of Burgess Park
Our priorities for 2019
- Planned improvements to Burgess Park: sports facilities
- Planning applications around the park
- Repair and future use of the old library bath and washhouse (OLBAW) Wells Way
- Programme of community events on wildlife “Wild about Wildfowl” and “Big City Butterflies” projects
The Friends of Burgess Park are an association of people and other interested groups who are concerned to protect, promote and enhance an important, inner-city London park.
Keep in touch by newsletter, Twitter or Facebook. Sign-up below.
Subscribe to our newsletter mailing list
Email Address * (required)
We want the park protected from inappropriate development, inappropriate use and with high regard for protecting the environment and ecology.
We monitor the park boundaries and lobby against development which would reduce the area of the park.
As regular users of the park we observe park management and maintenance, and campaign for best practice.
We aim to encourage appropriate use of and events in the park, to facilitate other park user organisations and to encourage new visitors.
We identify areas of improvement for the park and work to improve this enormous asset for all the community.
- Susan Crisp – Co-ordinater/comms
- Nicky Howard –Safeguarding and Burgess Park Board rep
- Monica Heeran –Treasurer
- Sam Tilling – Passmore Edwards Project/comms
- Andrew Pearson – Heritage
- Jon Pickup- Heritage
- Sue Amos – Glengall Wharf Garden Food Group
- Chas Charrington – Angling
- Jenny Morgan – Environment
- Catriona Sinclair – Web/Old Kent Road planning
- Chris Henry – Camberwell Fields TRA
- Jonathan Taylor
- Martin Hethering – Faraday rep
- Rep vacant – Wells Way Triangle TRA
View the FOBP accounts 2017-18